Women are called to be the conduit of God’s love to our husbands and children.
Our first step is to align ourselves with God’s priorities
How to make a priority list
• This process will lead you to an understanding of why you must lead your children to God.
• You can choose to sit down with your husband and write separate lists or brainstorm together. Use whatever style best fits your relationship.
• Your first draft will need revising. Make sure your most important items are at the top. Define what you mean so that both parents can completely comprehend their joint decisions.
. Start the process of purposely and systematically developing your children into God’s image
. Post your list somewhere visible to your husband and you daily.
• At this point you need to make a plan to carry out your priorities as a team. When you need help ask and it shall be given. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. Matthew 21:22.
• Pray together with your spouse for guidance.
Example of your first draft: Shaping my child list/ What do you want for your child?
– Able to provide/make money
– Happy/ confident
• Able to talk with authority
– Sense of belonging
– Knowledge of where they come from
• Mother ( this was my list of desires for my children)
– Able to survive on their own
– A good father or mother
• Attentive to their children
• Able to provide for their family
• Can teach their children about God
Final draft: What I want for my children
• My child will have a personal relationship with God. I will teach my child facts about God and more importantly how to form a relationship with God. When this is fulfilled:
• He/she will have peace in the face of all challenges
• He/ she will be kind/caring and giving
• They will be able to provide for their family because God will give them their daily bread
• They will have eternal life and their eyes will be on heaven and not earth
• They will have true wisdom that only comes from God, granting them a perspective rarely seen on earth. This perspective will grant them improved ability to deal with life’s problems; embrace life’s joy and give them confidence.
• They will know who they are and Whose they are.
• They will know a love and peace that passes human understanding.
• The Spirit of Truth will live within them their counselor, comforter and teacher. They will never be alone.