I am 38 weeks pregnant and my daughter and I have been preparing food for the freezer for awhile now. When I told her this morning we were going to make cupcakes for the baby. She gave me a confused look and said,”Mom how are we going to get the bib on her?”
You can not carry your child’s cross. Luke 9:23 states, Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. We can not pick up their cross but are called to pick up our own personal cross daily.
We can not pick up our children’s crosses it does not work that way. God created their cross for them. Their unique attributes and obstacles; some to endure, some to overcome and some to count as pure joy. All of these obstacles and attributes are blended together to create the masterpiece that is them. We can not interrupt the process of them “becoming” to reduce our own pain. I too anguish over my children’s struggles they seem unnecessary, messy, painful and without purpose. I say to myself, “Surely the Lord would want me to fix this”, when the answer is, “no this is for them to endure” I languish in my pain and allow joy to be stolen from me.
Someone once told me about the process of a butterflies birth and I believe it applies here. A butterfly once it is cocooned must then bite its way through the cocoon and slowly squeeze itself out millimeter my millimeter as it’s wings slowly unfold they dry. Someone seeing that pain and slow progress pulled the butterfly out quickly, “saving it”. This butterfly never did fully develop it’s wings and could not fly. Because you see in that slow painful process the wings were fully developing. We can not “ease” the process it is not possible.
Lord help me to stop trying to “ease” the process. Let me to live in the moment and to feel the joy that you are granting me. Strengthen me through your joy. I love you Lord and I trust you with my children. Take them Lord for you know the plans you have for them. Grant me the strength to get out of your way. Help me Lord instead to pick up my own cross. Do not let me un-shoulder my privilege and my right to bear my own cross. I need You in my life. I surrender my motherhood to you. I love you Lord, Amen.
Women are called to be the conduit of God’s love to our husbands and children.
Our first step is to align ourselves with God’s priorities
How to make a priority list
• This process will lead you to an understanding of why you must lead your children to God.
• You can choose to sit down with your husband and write separate lists or brainstorm together. Use whatever style best fits your relationship.
• Your first draft will need revising. Make sure your most important items are at the top. Define what you mean so that both parents can completely comprehend their joint decisions.
. Start the process of purposely and systematically developing your children into God’s image
. Post your list somewhere visible to your husband and you daily.
• At this point you need to make a plan to carry out your priorities as a team. When you need help ask and it shall be given. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. Matthew 21:22.
• Pray together with your spouse for guidance.
Example of your first draft: Shaping my child list/ What do you want for your child?
– Able to provide/make money
– Happy/ confident
• Able to talk with authority
– Sense of belonging
– Knowledge of where they come from
• Mother ( this was my list of desires for my children)
– Able to survive on their own
– A good father or mother
• Attentive to their children
• Able to provide for their family
• Can teach their children about God
Final draft: What I want for my children
• My child will have a personal relationship with God. I will teach my child facts about God and more importantly how to form a relationship with God. When this is fulfilled:
• He/she will have peace in the face of all challenges
• He/ she will be kind/caring and giving
• They will be able to provide for their family because God will give them their daily bread
• They will have eternal life and their eyes will be on heaven and not earth
• They will have true wisdom that only comes from God, granting them a perspective rarely seen on earth. This perspective will grant them improved ability to deal with life’s problems; embrace life’s joy and give them confidence.
• They will know who they are and Whose they are.
• They will know a love and peace that passes human understanding.
• The Spirit of Truth will live within them their counselor, comforter and teacher. They will never be alone.
I personally am going crazy with the cold weather. My daughter is tired of the same stuff over and over. She loves to paint and create with markers but the clean up is exhausting.
I have her paint with watercolors and crayola washable markers and then its bath time while her masterpieces dry. Cheaper brand “washable” markers don’t wash off. I have no funny pics to prove it but trust me.
She gets to be creative and messy and I just spray it down with the shower. Yeah!!! We both win.
At one point she was upside down painting, the paint tray fell three times and she fell into the paint. In the kitchen that would have drove me crazy but in the tub it just became a funny pic.
I’m 37 weeks plus pregnant so time seems to move fast and slow all at once. Whenever we have natural time clocks going on in our lives its easier to prioritize and get rid of the useless time suckers. God wants us to be watching our time everyday.
“Experts” whoever they are say whether you are trying to change your diet or your spending habits etc. that you should track your daily habits. When we make it a priority to use our God given time well, we should also take a week and track our time habits. What do we say our priorities are? God, husband, children, friends, hobbies. Which one actually gets our time?
If time is a God given resource,which I believe it is. Then are you using your time like God would want you to?
Today I was giving my daughter a bath and just like your children’s bathtubs I have no lack of toys. My mother in law had given her piles of measuring cups and spoons to play with and she loves them. I was looking at them and noticed even though they were supposed to be the same measuring size they didn’t look right. Sure enough when I checked, they were not exact.
What are you measuring yourself with? If you are using any man made device or wisdom I can assure you that it is not exact. It is not measuring what it says it is, and further more is probably completely irrelevant in the eternal realm.
What does God say about you? For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.Romans 8:29-30.
He created you, He knitted you together in your mother’s womb and He has a count of the very hairs on your head. Because He created you and predestined you to become who you are becoming, a transformed heir to the throne. He also justified you. Justified means; God removed your guilt and penalty of sin at the same time He made you righteous through the blood of Christ. He is in the process of glorifying you. Glorification is the ultimate perfection of believers. What man made device, social network or esteemed degree could measure that?
Your beauty,worth, God given wisdom and ability to succeed is limited only by your ability to submit to God’s plan for you.
Stop wasting your time measuring when you could be transforming.
Stop and look at yourself through God’s eyes you are a jewel.